May 22 City Council Meeting in brief
- Directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance amending the LMC to allow public safety facilities in various zones, subject to issuance of a special property use permit.
- Directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance amending the LMC to eliminate the 10,000 square foot minimum floor area requirement for athletic, health, and racket clubs.
- Approved the location for placement of Chihuly Studio artwork on the Broadway median between Commerce Avenue and 14th Avenue, and approved the location for chainsaw carving to convert a dead tree at the Mint Valley Golf Course into chainsaw art.
- Approved Ordinance No. 3264 to adopt the 2014 National Electric Code as amended by the state.
- Approved Resolution No. 2112 authorizing an interlocal agreement with the Longview School District for use of District facilities for City recreation programs.
- Approved Resolution No. 2113 adjusting the income eligibility level for the City’s low-income senior and disabled utility rate reduction program.
- Approved a purchase and sale agreement to sell city-owned property at 1600 Prudential Blvd.
- Approved a purchase and sale agreement to sell city-owned property at 1041 Industrial Way.
- Set a public hearing for June 12, 2014, to consider amendments to the City’s Six-Year Transportation Improvement Plan for 2015 – 2020.
- Approved a contract with Wallis Engineering to provide construction inspection services for the Ocean Beach Highway Sewer Main Replacement Project.
- The City Manager provided a summary of a recent trip he took to Qishuyan District in China along with staff from Lower Columbia College and the Cowlitz Economic Development Council to strengthen education and economic opportunities.
- Approved a Shorelines Substantial Development permit for replacement of the Washington Way Bridge at Lake Sacajawea.