Young people ages 16 to 20 interested in becoming cadets for the Longview Police Department are invited to an informational presentation Wednesday, June 4 at the Longview Public Library large meeting room.
Two sessions are planned for 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Those who are under 18 are required to attend with a parent or guardian.
Current Longview Police Department cadets will be on hand to talk about their experiences with the program. Details about upcoming vacancies will be announced.
To be considered for the cadet program, applicants must have all the minimum requirements below:
- must be between the ages of 16 and 21 years of age and completed the 8th grade
- must have guardian approval with signatures on application packet if under 18
- must maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA in school; or have graduated from an accredited high school or GED program
- must be a citizen of the United States
- must speak, read and write English fluently
- must be in ordinary good health and have the physical ability to perform duties as assigned
- must live within a reasonable distance from the Longview Police Department
- must have no felony convictions and no arrests for offenses involving moral turpitude or a pattern of arrests that indicate questionable moral character
This will be an informational presentation only. No applications will be accepted at this event.
For more information, go to http://mylongview.com/index.aspx?page=606