May 8 City Council meeting in brief
• The Mayor issued a proclamation for National Salvation Army Week, May 12 – 18.
• The Mayor issued a proclamation for National Police Week, May 11 – 17.
• Received an update on water quality in the distribution system and continuing testing, analysis, and design efforts related to water quality.
• Approved Resolution No. 2111 authorizing an interlocal agreement with Cowlitz County for continued use of the County jail.
• Authorized submitting a joint application with the County Sheriff’s Office for a Justice Assistance Grant to provide partial funding for a school resource officer.
• Awarded a bid in the amount of $1,033,138.22 to Nutter Corporation for replacement of approximately 2,100 feet of sewer main in Ocean Beach Highway.
• Approved an agreement with Jeff and Trish Wilson for maintenance of the Shay Locomotive for a ten year period, at no cost to the City.