A baby’s brain more than doubles in size the first year. By kindergarten, the brain is the same size as an adult’s (and continues developing). Learn the secrets of healthy, happy, early learners with The Very Ready Reader and other programs at the Longview Public Library. Programs run between April 7 and May 9. Check for registration information below.
- Mondays & Tuesdays: 10:00 a.m. – noon. Fun Hours. Enjoy unstructured free play in a learning-rich pre-literacy environment. Board books, foam blocks, sensory play and more for children five & younger with an adult; no registration necessary!
- Mondays: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Pajama Time. Children can come in pajamas, or come-as-you-are! Very Ready Readers can bring a stuffed friend and settle in for volunteer-led bedtime stories for four – six years old. Themes include rhymes, songs and ABC’s. Registration required.
- Wednesdays: 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. Mother Goose Time. Babies 0-24 months and the grownups who love them will enjoy joining Family Literacy Coordinator Jennifer King for this bouncy, bubbly, book time! Registration required.
- Wednesdays: 3:30 – 4:00 p.m. Very Ready Readers. Children four – six years old with their adult should register for this volunteer-led storytime that includes a related game or creative activity. Get wild about reading with animal themes! Registration required.
- Thursdays: 10:30-11:00 a.m. Preschool Storytime. Four year olds and up are Very Ready Readers as Youth Services Librarian Jan E.V.W. Hanson shares stories, songs and silliness using animal themes from monkeys to bears! Registration recommended.
- Saturday, April 19: 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. Fingerplay Camp. Learn new fingerplays and have fun with old favorites, with Family Literacy Coordinator Jennifer King.
For more information, contact the Longview Public Library at 360.442.5301, or click on the “Kids” link at www.longviewlibrary.org