March 13 City Council Meeting in brief
- Approved a motion supporting the Community House on Broadway new policy to provide meals only to residents.
- Approved Resolution No. 2105 adopting Mint Valley Golf Course rates for 2014 and directed staff to propose in the next biennium budget a surcharge fee for capital improvements at the golf course.
- Approved Resolution No. 2106 authorizing an interlocal agreement with Cowlitz County, Kelso, Woodland, Kalama, and Castle Rock regarding the “Big Idea” to promote regional tourism.
- Nominated Michael Morgan for the Association of Washington Cities Center for Quality Communities Scholarship Program.
- Approved the City Council’s 2014 Retreat Report, Work Plan, and committee assignments.
- Set a public hearing for March 27 to receive comments and allocate 2014 Community Development Block Grant funds.
- Set a public hearing for April 24 to receive comments and allocate 2014 Home and Document Recording funds.
- Received the deed to the squirrel bridge on Nichols Blvd from the Sandbaggers.
- Granted an easement to Cowlitz PUD to upgrade and relocate transmission facilities at the City’s water intake facility at the intersection of Fishers Lane and Westside Highway.
- Approved a request from the organizers of the Squirrel Fest to allow a wine & beer garden in R.A. Long Park for the Squirrel Fest, and directed staff to condition the special event permit to require reimbursement of city expenses.
- Authorized a contract amendment with Confluence Engineering to evaluate dissolved oxygen addition and further evaluation of potential silica treatment options.