Registration is now open for Fall Recreation programs including classes, sports leagues, and before/after school programs!
Join us for Health, Recreation, and Educational Activities for all ages! Call 360-442-5400 or visit mylongview.com/recreation to register for these classes starting this week!
• 9/13 – Wills and Estates: Wednesdays 9/13-9/27, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Ages 18 & over. Learn the basics of estate planning from a licensed Attorney. In most cases you can sign a simple will, health care directive, and durable power of attorney at the end of the series. For WA and OR state residents.
• 9/13 – Cooking – Autumn Bonfire: Wednesday 9/13, 6:00-8:00 p.m., cozy campfire.
• 9/14 – Guitar – Beginning (part 1&2): Thursdays 9/14-10/19, 6:30-7:15 p.m., Ages 14 & over. No experience necessary! Learn all you need to get started with easy chords, strumming, and songs!
• 9/14 – Herbal Support and Diet Tips for Your Liver: Thursday, 9/14, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Ages 18 & over. Learn fundamental diet and lifestyle changes to strengthen your body’s major organ of detoxification. Love your liver! With Dr. Dee Richardson.
• 9/16 – Being at Home Alone – How to Stay Safe: Saturday, 9/16, 9:00am-12:00 p.m., Ages 8-14. Learn how to handle being home alone with basic first aid, personal safety, internet safety, how to respond to strangers, and sibling care.
• 9/18 – Fly Tying: Mondays & Wednesdays, 9/18-9/27, 6:30-8:30pm, Ages 12 & over. Learn beginning fly tying and construction techniques for major types of flies used in the area.
• 9/18 – Ceramics: Mondays 9/18-11/6, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Ages 18 & over. Learn hand building basics, pinch, slab, and coil techniques, to create your own functional or gift giving pottery objects.
• 9/19 – Ukulele (Beginning/Int.): Tuesdays 9/19-10/17, 6:00-7:00 p.m., Ages 12 & over (under 12 welcome with an adult). A unique and inexpensive way to have musical fun with family and friends! Learn to play this “take anywhere” instrument anyone can play with easy and simple instruction.
• 9/20 – Belly Dancing (Level 1&2): Wednesdays 9/20-10/25, Ages 16 & over. Discover dancing with traditional bellydance music while strengthening core muscles and getting aerobic exercise. Beginning and intermediate levels available.
• 9/21 – Spanish Language: Thursdays 9/21-11/9, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Ages 18 & over. Have fun while learning basic Spanish vocabulary, grammar, and phrases for use while traveling or in the workplace.
There is something for everyone! For a complete list of programs, visit us online at www.mylongview.com/recreation
, and like us on Facebook for announcements about upcoming events!