March 23 City Council meeting in brief
• Issued a proclamation for Arbor Day – April 12, 2017
• Held a public hearing regarding extending the moratorium on locating emergency shelters in Longview.
• Approved Resolution No. 2212 adopting findings to support extension of the moratorium on emergency shelters.
• Approved Ordinance No. 3342 extending the moratorium on emergency shelters.
• Held a public hearing regarding assuming the Longview Transportation Benefit District.
• Approved Ordinance No. 3341 assuming the Longview Transportation Benefit District.
• Due to the lack of a second to the motion to approve, did not consider Ordinance No. 3343 amending the Urban Forest Management Plan to allow use of Imidacloprid pesticide to address aphid complaints on a case by case basis and evaluate the effectiveness of its use after one year.
• Accepted as complete the 2016 Water Line Replacement project.
• Approved Resolution No. 2211 authorizing an interlocal agreement with the Longview School District allowing Mint Valley Golf vehicles to purchase fuel from the school district.
• Longview Police presented its annual report for 2016.
• Accepted the bid and awarded a construction contract to Advanced Excavating Specialists in the amount of $1,227,296.28 for the Downtown Corridor Improvements Phase 3 project.