November 7 City Council Meeting in brief
- Removed from the agenda Resolution No. 2089 and Ordinance No. 3256 regarding the Ad Valorem Tax Rate for 2014. They will be presented at a future meeting.
- Accepted two artworks donated to the City by the Longview Outdoor Gallery: “Femme Et Mistral” and “Endless Probability”.
- Awarded a construction contract in the amount of $141,369.00 to Halme Excavating, Inc. for construction of curb bulb-outs and other pedestrian improvements at 15th Avenue and Douglas Street.
- Authorized contracts with Charles Angelico, Mayrie Grimm, and Katherine Gulmert to provide indigent defense services.
- Directed staff to request applications for Kuntz Family Trust projects and will defer action on further Kuntz Family Trust project applications until the 2013 Kuntz funded projects are complete.
- Authorized a contract in the amount of $21,100 with Kittelson & Associates to study potential school zone enhancements.
- Authorized eliminating one northbound lane on 15th Avenue to provide for pedestrian improvements.
- Rejected staff’s recommendation to eliminate the second westbound left turn lane and the eastbound left turn lane from Washington Way onto Commerce Avenue, to provide for pedestrian improvements.
- Received an update report on the City’s drinking water quality and progress toward resolving the problems.