The City of Longview is committed to a safe work environment. The Accident Prevention Program Policy, as approved by the City Manager and directed by Human Resources shall be used as a guide to this commitment and to insure compliance with WISHA/OSHA standards.
Safety activities include but not limited to:
- Administering the City Safety and Health Program.
- Providing safety and loss control consultation for the City organization.
- Developing safety policies in accordance with WAC and other regulations.
- Conducting safety inspections and accident investigations.
- Developing, coordinating and conducting the safety training program.
- Maintaining an information system for accurate recording of safety records and statistics.
- Assisting the Risk Manager in analyzing and allocating loss control costs to budgetary units.
- Providing safety, industrial hygiene, and ergonomic information to City personnel. Providing safety leadership and motivation through the Accident Prevention Committee and departmental safety meetings.
- Providing information and assistance to Worker Compensation team with regard to personal injury claims.
- Administering Insurance Reserve budgetary line items for safety activities.
- Providing assistance to the Risk Manager and the Deputy City Clerk in liability claim activities with regard to employee accidents involving third parties.
- Providing information and assistance to Risk Manager in safety related risk management activities.
Safety / Risk Manager
P.O. Box 128
Longview, WA 98632
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
(Except Legal Holidays)