August 22 City Council Meeting in brief
- Presented a certificate of appreciation to Izek Hornbeck for his Eagle Scout project to assist with the cleanup of Lake Sacajawea after the Go 4th Festival.
- Presented certificates of appreciation to Bill Kasch and others for their efforts to install the new gateway sign on Cowlitz Way near Ocean Beach Highway.
- Accepted for ownership and display, three pieces of art that have been on display on Commerce Avenue by the Longview Outdoor Gallery: “Chris”, “See Horse”, “Rain Forest Stone”.
- Adopted Ordinance No. 3253 amending for one year, the gambling tax imposed by LMC 5.84.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2080 approving an interagency agreement with the Washington Department of Natural Resources for assistance to maintain and restore the City’s urban forest.
- Received a certificate from the National League of Cities for Longview’s 25-year membership.
- Approved a non-exclusive commission agreement with Kidder-Mathews for marketing the Mint Farm Industrial Park.
- Certified complete the City Shop Bus Parking Paving/Asphalt Repair project.
- Reaffirmed the City Council’s July 25 allocation of $6,265.25 in additional Community Development Block Grant funds to the HELP Warehouse, and directed staff to add an objective for the Self-Help Plus Legal Aid project to the 2014-2019 Consolidated Plan update.