July 25 City Council Meeting in brief
- Received a presentation of the Longview-Kelso gateway sign from Bill Kasch.
- Presented a plaque of appreciation to Bigfoot Community Events for their contribution to the community and donation to the City’s Parks & Recreation Department.
- Received the Pathways 2020 Report Card for 2013.
- Accepted the Longview Historic Preservation Commission recommendation to place the Nutty Narrows Bridge onto the Longview Historic Register, and authorized the mayor to nominate the bridge for the National Register of Historic Places.
- Received the first reading of Ordinance No. 3250 amending the 2013-2014 biennial budget; adoption will be considered at the August 8 city council meeting.
- Adopted Ordinance No. 3251 renaming the Northwest Health Foundation Private-Purpose Trust Fund to the Highlands Neighborhood Association Private-Purpose Trust Fund.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2076 approving an interlocal agreement with the City of Seattle for cooperative purchases of goods and services.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2078 approving an interlocal agreement with the Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Narcotics Task Force for the City to provide technical support services to the task force.
- Authorized Councilmember Hutchinson to attend the National League of Cities conference.
- Directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance for consideration at the next council meeting to amend gambling tax requirements for one additional year.
- Awarded a contract to Weatherguard, Inc. in the amount of $164,297.16 to replace the building roofs at the Mint Valley Racquet Complex and the Signmasters building (owned by the City).
- Revised the 2013 allocations of Community Development Block Grant funding for Archie Anderson Park Basketball Lighting and the Help Warehouse, to distribute additional funds received by the City.
- Approved a contract with Confluence Engineering to evaluate water quality issues related to the new municipal groundwater source.
- Waived the bingo gambling tax requirement for the Cowlitz PUD’s fundraising bingo events that support their Warm Neighbor and School Snacks programs.