February 13 City Council Meeting in brief
- Held a public hearing on extension of the moratorium for recreational marijuana adopted at the January 23, 2014 city council meeting.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2099 adopting findings to support extension of the moratorium for recreational marijuana.
- Rejected Ordinance No. 3262 amending the zoning code to provide for recreational marijuana land uses.
- Adopted Ordinance No. 3263 amending the zoning code to increase the maximum density of residential units allowed for congregate care, assisted living, and other similar care facilities.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2100 approving a proposed settlement of certain issues regarding the City’s appeal of the 2013 – 2018 NPDES Phase II Municipal Stormwater Permit.
- Extended the contract with the Cowlitz County Mini-Rural Library District to provide library services for residents of the District.
- Approved increasing the City’s annual contribution to the Southwest Regional Airport to $65,000.
- Authorized eliminating one westbound left turn lane on Washington Way at Commerce Avenue and installing bulb-outs at the two easterly corners of the intersection.
- Authorized a contract with Cascade Networks to install video surveillance systems at the City Shop and Transit Center.
- Authorized a contract with Gibbs & Olson to design Tennant Way Low Impact Development Streetscape improvements.
- Authorized purchase of the properties at 2782 and 2790 Ocean Beach Highway for a future fire station, and to secure financing through the state’s Local Option Capital Asset Lending Program for the purchase.