July 26 City Council meeting in brief
• Heard the first reading of Ordinance No. 3385 amending the 2017-2018 biennial budget to fund the Athletic Facility Master Planning project. Final action will be taken after the second reading of the ordinance at the next city council meeting.
• Approved a motion to reconsider city council action taken at the July 12 meeting regarding formation of Local Improvement District No. 352 for the Beech Street Extension project.
• Directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance to form Local Improvement District No. 352.
• Approved a contract amendment with Gibbs & Olson for construction management and inspection services for the City’s project to replace the Roy Morse Park and the Olympia Way sewer pump stations.
• Authorized the mayor to sign a letter of support for the City of Kelso’s grant application to the Transportation Improvement Board to help fund construction of the West Main Realignment Project – Phase 2.