Downtown Crosswalk Replacements Commerce Avenue from Hudson to Florida
Starting Monday, May 21 the City’s contractor will begin replacing select crosswalks in the 1200 block of Commerce, and at the intersection of Commerce and Hemlock Street. On Commerce, one-half of three crosswalks will be replaced in the south bound lane. On Hemlock, one entire crosswalk will be replaced on the west side of the intersection. Construction and cure time will take approximately (11) days. Expect the following:
• 1100 and 1200 blocks of Commerce will be reduced to one lane but will remain open to one-way, north bound traffic.
• South bound Commerce traffic will be detoured to 14th Avenue at Hudson Street.
• Hemlock Street will be closed on the west side of Commerce.
• Vehicle access on Hemlock between 14th and Commerce will be limited to local traffic only.
• Traffic signals at the intersection of Commerce and Hemlock will be set to flashing red.
Shoppers are encouraged to utilize 12th and 14th Avenues to access downtown and find parking.