May 10 City Council meeting in brief
• Issued a proclamation for National Police Week, May 13 – 19, 2018.
• Awarded a bid in the amount of $765,701.49 to Nutter Corporation to construct the 24th/25th Alley Water & Sewer Main Replacement project.
• Authorized an engineering services contract in the amount of $411,979.13 to PBS Engineering and Environmental to design improvements at the SR 432 / SR 411 interchange.
• Approved Resolution No. 2268 adopting findings and ratifying the emergency declaration made by the city manager regarding pump failures at Ocean Beach No. 3 sewer pump.
• Approved the proposed design for the R.A. Long Park Plaza Restoration project and directed staff to complete the design and advertise for bids.
• Authorized the mayor to send a letter to the Board of Cowlitz County Commissioners requesting they slow down the process to consider and decide on selecting an operator for the Headquarters Landfill until more information and a thorough assessment of the impacts can be provided to stakeholders and the public.