January 25 City Council meeting in brief
• Directed staff to prepare an ordinance for comprehensive plan map and zoning map amendments to change from residential to commercial designations for property at 4138 Ocean Beach Highway near 42nd Avenue.
• Approved Ordinance No. 3371 regarding dog and cat licensing and impound fees.
• Directed staff to prepare an ordinance requiring dogs to be on a leash while in City parks.
• Authorized the city manager to terminate the Homeland Security Region IV Mutual Aid Agreement because those provisions have been incorporated into state law and the agreement is no longer necessary.
• Accepted as complete the Mint Valley Racquet Complex Siding Project.
• Accepted as complete the 15th Avenue Overlay Project.
• Directed staff to prepare a resolution supporting designation of an economic development district covering Cowlitz and Wahkiakum Counties.
• Directed staff to prepare a petition to form a local improvement district to construct Beech Street between Oregon Way and California Way, and to apply for a federal Economic Development Administration grant to assist funding the project.
• Authorized the city manager to execute a contract amendment with the Humane Society of Cowlitz County regarding animal control services, with a provision to have a third party evaluate Humane Society operations.