August 10 City Council Meeting in brief
• Adopted Resolution No. 2230 granting an easement to Cascade Natural Gas for a new natural gas pipeline across 7th Ave Park.
• Directed the mayor and city manager to attend the Cowlitz County Board of Commissioners meeting to voice support for a one-for-one syringe exchange program.
• Awarded a contract to Better Weigh Manufacturing in the amount of $35,322.85 to install a 12-Yard Dump Box on a new truck chassis for the Stormwater Division.
• Awarded a contract to Berschauer Construction in the amount of $1,024,743.68 to construct a new Public Works Maintenance Building at the City Shop for the expanded Street and Stormwater staff and equipment.
• Approved Resolution No. 2228 establishing a $25 per unit water shut off notice fee for multiple family dwelling complexes.
• Approved Resolution No. 2229 authorizing memorials in the public right of way under certain conditions.
• Awarded a contract to Tapani Inc. in the amount of $874,516.03 to construct oxygen injection facilities at the Mint Farm Regional Water Treatment Plant.
• Directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance amending the Longview Municipal Code to incorporate recent changes in the state Public Records Act.
• Directed the city attorney to prepare a resolution for consideration at the next city council meeting to authorize an interlocal agreement with National Purchasing Partners for cooperative purchasing of fire, rescue, and public safety vehicles and equipment, and authorize the city manager to execute documents to purchase an aerial platform apparatus (ladder truck).