October 24 City Council Meeting in brief
- Issued a proclamation for National Squirrel Awareness Month – October 2013.
- Issued a proclamation recognizing the 90th Anniversary of the Longview Pioneer Lions.
- Received an update on municipal water quality problems and recommended actions.
- Held a public hearing and directed the city attorney to prepare a resolution authorizing the tax levy and an ordinance setting the ad valorem tax levy rate for 2014.
- Held a public hearing for the 2012 Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report for the Home and Community Development Block Grant programs.
- Approved Resolution No. 2085 adopting the City’s Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Approved Resolution No. 2086 adopting a stormwater rate reduction for property owners whose drainage system removes runoff from Longview’s urban watershed.
- Approved Resolution No. 2087 adopting a temporary water rate reduction for aesthetic water quality impacts and eight months of retroactive rate reduction for customers in the Baltimore area.
- Approved Resolution No. 2088 authorizing an interlocal agreement with Longview School District for school resource police officers.
- Approved and authorized the mayor to sign a letter sending EIS scoping comments for the Millenium Bulk Terminals Coal Export project.
- Adopted findings and declared an emergency authorizing replacement of water mains in the Baltimore and Beech area.
- Approved a shorelines permit for Waste Control Recycling facility improvements.
- Approved a contract supplement with Confluence Engineering for municipal water supply phosphate treatment and softening evaluations.
- Approved a contract supplement with Kennedy/Jenks Consultants for design of municipal water supply phosphate treatment facilities.
- Authorized purchase of eight automatic flushing devices for the Water Department.